Some Scriptures God Has Given Us in the Area of Homeschooling:
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are home and when you are the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your foreheads as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
~ Deuteronomy 6
Guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. ~ 1 Timothy 6:20
Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher. ~ Luke 6:40
Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from spiritual principles of this world, rather than from Christ.
~ Colossians 2:8-9
Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." ~ Psalm 14:1
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. ~ Proverbs 1:7
Walk with the wise and become wise: associate with fools and get into trouble. ~Proverbs 13:20
This is a view of the homeschooling side of my life. Or should I say my children's life. But I suppose it is equally apart of ALL of our lives. Homeschooling really is a way of life. We are somewhat new to the journey as we enter into our third year. It's exciting, fun, flexible, and the kids are learning not only "by the book" but by so many other life experiences as well. This blog will keep family included in what we are learning from week to week. I plan on including the kids in the creation of our school blog just as they helped me choose a name for our school. So visit us often and watch our kids grow and learn. Like a butterfly grows and emerges from it's Chrysalis, strong and beautiful, our kids will do the same as they grow and learn from their school experiences.
Meet me.... I'm Shelly. I am a follower of Jesus, wife to my high school sweet heart, stay at home mom to four (almost five) blessings, homeschool teacher to those blessings, budding photographer, and a blogger. I adore (in this order) my God, my man, my kids, my family. I'm a lover of good food, good books, good photographs, a good debate, ice cold Coca Cola, the internet, and late nights. I love cuddle time, long talks, movies that make you cry, music that makes you soar, and my girlfriends. I'm living my dream!
1 comment:
We are about to get started here in a few. You are up early! I hope your day goes smoothly!!! Call me after ya'll are finished up. xo
Post a Comment